Accessibility and Disabled Facilities
- All on one floor, no steps. All doors open to 80cms (31”) wide. Gently ramped outside where required.
- Two wheel-in showers one with fold down shower seat and grab rails. Shower has grab rails and is left/front transfer. Height of toilet (from floor to seat) 47cm. Toilets with left/front transfer. Toilet grab rail on the right. Wheelchair friendly hob and sink.
- Ramped accessible swimming pool, using shower chair if required. 4x8m approx. and is ramped. Accessed, at the client’s own risk, in a second outdoor pool chair provided. Someone should accompany the person the wheelchair both to enter and exit the pool. Buoys not supplied.
- Owestry standing frame with standard sling if required – no charge.
- Manual hydraulic hoist if required – no charge.
- Bed height (floor to top of mattress) 55cm. Bed raisers available on request.
- Room lights can be switched off from bed.
- Lower hanging clothes rail in wardrobes.
- Self propelable shower/pool chair.
- Wheelchair accessible Blue flag beaches in Vilamoura 6km, including Lifeguard assisted access to the sea in “floating” chairs during the official beach season.
- Special equipment hire available locally – on request from Sulcare. www.sulcare.com
- Vehicle hire with hand controls available – on request.
- Wheelchair Adapted Vehicle (WAV) airport transfers;
- Based close-by at Albufeira, see www.mba-travel.com
- Based at Faro there are 2 WAV taxis, see here ‘under vehicles section’. You can book direct with Antonio Sopa 00 351 917 278 151 , he speaks English.
- For travel advice visit; www.disabledtraveladvice.co.uk
We recognise that each person’s ability to access a particular environment will depend upon a number of additional personal factors known only to that individual, and therefore inclusion of a particular amenity or facility on this website does not imply ‘access for all’, nor ‘compliance’ with the Disability Discrimination Act or other local or national legislation.