Accessibility and Disabled Facilities
- All on one floor, no steps. All doors open to 80cms (31”) wide. Gently ramped outside where required.
- Two wheel-in showers, one with fold down shower seat and grab rails, left/front transfer. The height of toilet (from floor to seat) 47cm. Toilets with left/front transfer. Toilet grab rail on the right. Wheelchair friendly hob and sink.
- Ramped, wheelchair friendly, accessible swimming pool, using the shower chair supplied, if required. 4x8m approx. Accessed, at the client’s own risk. Someone should accompany the person the wheelchair both to enter and exit the pool. Buoys not supplied.
- Oswestry standing frame – 50€ per week
- Manual hydraulic hoist, with a standard sling, or bring your own – no charge.
- Bed height (floor to top of mattress) 55cm. Bed raisers available on request.
- Room lights can be switched off from the bed.
- Lower hanging clothes rail in wardrobes.
- Self-propellable shower/pool chair.
- Wheelchair accessible Blue flag beaches in Vilamoura 6km, including Lifeguard, assisted access to the sea in “floating” chairs during the official beach season.
- Special equipment hires available locally – on request from Sulcare. www.sulcare.com
- Vehicle hire with hand controls available – on request.
Wheelchair Adapted Vehicle (WAVs) and airport transfers;
- WAV for rent – unique in Portugal, proper self-drive WAVs for rent. Ask and I can get you a quote. If you proceed with the accommodation booking, I will then put you in direct contact with the WAV company so to finalise the rental details.
- Based close-by at Albufeira, see www.mba-travel.com
- Based at Faro there are 2 WAV taxis, see here under ‘vehicles section’. You can book direct with Antonio Sopa 00 351 917 278 151 , he speaks English.
- For travel advice visit; www.disabledtraveladvice.co.uk
We recognise that each person’s ability to access a particular environment will depend upon a number of additional personal factors known only to that individual, and therefore inclusion of a particular amenity or facility on this website does not imply ‘access for all’, nor ‘compliance’ with the Disability Discrimination Act or other local or national legislation.